Contact the office for information on upcoming Business and Real Estate Law Workshops.
As a life-long learner and educator, I provide my clients with the most current information that affects their businesses and the decisions they make.
- Did you know that contracts containing “legalese” may expose you to risks or potential losses that might jeopardize your business?
- Did you know that the law often requires written policies and procedures to protect you from legal exposure in the event of a conflict between you, your employees, managers, or business associates?
- Did you know there are significant differences involved in the types of business entities available to you as a business owner, and that some may provide more protection than others?
- Is there a written plan in place that will ensure your company can survive if something happens to you or any of your company’s key employees or owners?
As an experienced business attorney, it is my passion and goal to make sure my clients understand how the law affects their businesses, and to provide them with the tools and customized training so they can understand and use the law to their advantage. This knowledge helps my clients focus on what they do best, with the peace of mind that the “what if’s” have been anticipated and proactively addressed.
Business owners frequently confront tough choices involving real estate; such as:
- Should I lease or buy a building for my company?
- If I lease, do I truly understand the duties and risks I’m assuming when I sign the agreement?
- If I buy, should my company own the building, or should I own it and lease it back to the business?
- If I own real estate, do I have policies and procedures in place to make that I’m renting to responsible tenants?
- Do I have the right kind and amount of insurance to protect me against the risks and potential claims related to my business premises?
I offer customized workshops for business owners and associations regarding these and related topics. Some of my most popular workshops include:
- “Business Succession – Planning for the What If’s Before They Happen”
- “What Did I Just Sign? – Understanding Business Contracts”
- “Business Negotiation Tricks And Techniques”
Recent presentations have included:
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Contra Costa Women’s Council of Realtors
- Oakland Association of Realtors
- Contra Costa Bar Association
- Contra Costa Association of Realtors
- Coldwell-Banker, J. Rockcliff, Gallagher & Lindsey, and many more
Upcoming Workshops: Call or email our office for further information.